ADVISORY: At COP25, Companies and NGOs to Reveal Progress on Science-Based Corporate Climate Action
At COP25, the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) will release a report that provides the first-ever assessment of the initiative’s impact in driving ambitious corporate climate action across the globe since its launch in 2015. The report also analyzes where progress is uneven and where additional efforts are necessary.
At 18:00 CET on Wednesday, December 4 in the WWF Pavilion, the SBTi will host a panel discussion to review the initiative’s progress over the last 5 years and discuss next steps for enabling more ambitious climate action from companies across all industries and countries. Panelists include Claus Stig Pedersen from Novozymes, Dr. Hans-Jörn Weddige from thyssenkrupp AG, Jeff Turner from DSM, Karol Gobczynski from IKEA Group, Marie-Pierre Bousquet-Lecomte from Danone and Reitumetse Molotsane from the National Business Initiative.
Targets adopted by companies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions are considered “science-based” if they are in line with what the latest climate science says is necessary to avert dangerous climate change and to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement—to limit global warming well below 2°C above pre-industrial levels and pursue efforts to limit warming to 1.5°C.
Today, 680+ companies have joined this global movement. They are at the vanguard in the fight against climate change, demonstrating that operating within the scientific thresholds for a safe climate goes hand-in-hand with a successful business and healthy economy.
LIVESTREAM: A livestream of the event will be broadcast. Please register online to receive an email with a link to the livestream.
Launch of a new report, “Raising the Bar: Exploring the Science Based Targets initiative’s progress in driving ambitious climate action,” the first-ever assessment of the initiative’s impact since its launch in 2015.
COP25: WWF Pavilion (Blue Zone), Acceso IFEMA, 28042 Madrid, Spain
18:00-20:00 CET, Wednesday, December 4, 2019
- Alberto Carrillo Pineda, Director, Science Based Targets, CDP
- Alexander Farsan, Global Lead, Science Based Targets, WWF International
- Claus Stig Pedersen, Head of Global Sustainability & Public Affairs, Novozymes
- Dr. Hans-Jörn Weddige, Group Coordinator Energy, Climate and Environment Policies, thyssenkrupp AG
- Helen Mountford, Vice President, Climate and Economics, World Resource Institute
- Jeff Turner, Vice-President, Global Sustainability, DSM
- Karol Gobczynski, Head of Climate & Energy, IKEA Group
- Marie-Pierre Bousquet-Lecomte, Science-Based Targets Implementation Director, Danone
- Reitumetse Molotsane, Programme Manager, Climate and Energy, National Business Initiative
- Vanessa Pérez-Cirera, Global Deputy, Climate & Energy, WWF International
Register online here
For more information or interviews please contact:
Yelena Akopian, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 202-729-7845
Lauren Duvel, email@example.com