ADVISORY: WRI Press Call: What to Expect at the International Climate Talks, COP24
WASHINGTON—On the heels of the IPCC 1.5° C special report, climate negotiators and experts are gathering in Katowice, Poland, for the international climate talks, also known as COP24. This year’s global climate summit will be a critical moment for national leaders and negotiators to fully put in motion the vision set out by the Paris Climate Agreement. In particular, they need to focus on three tasks: finalize the rulebook to advance implementation of the Paris Agreement, send a collective signal they will strengthen their national climate commitments by 2020, and build confidence for the financial investments to support climate solutions.
COP24 is taking place from December 3 to December 14, 2018.
On November 20, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. EST, WRI is hosting a press call to highlight the dynamics and expectation around the COP. Andrew Steer, WRI President & CEO, will be joined by experts on international climate policy, finance, and economics: Yamide Dagnet,Joe Thwaites, and Helen Mountford. WRI experts will discuss what’s at stake at COP24, highlighting countries to watch, the political context, and recent trends related to cities, businesses, and investors.
For more information and resources, visit WRI’s COP24 webpage.
Press call on COP24 UN climate summit, held in Katowice, Poland from December 3-14, 2018
Tuesday, November 20, at 9:00am EST
- Andrew Steer, President & CEO
- Yamide Dagnet, Senior Associate, International Climate Action
- Helen Mountford, Global Director of Economics
- Joe Thwaites, Associate, Finance Center
- Moderator, Michael Oko, Global Communications Director, WRI
- International/US Toll: +1210-795-1098
- France Toll-Free: 080-510-0831
- Germany Toll-Free: 0800-000-1654
- Poland Toll-Free: 0-800-1211864
- UK Toll-Free: 0800-279-3953
- US Toll-Free: 866-803-2143
Verbal passcode: “WRI”
To RSVP or receive additional numbers please email Rhys Gerholdt, Senior Communications Manager, email@example.com