Bronx, NY – August 13, 2021 – The Bronx Zoo’s annual Brew at the Zoo beer and wine tasting festival is officially ON and will take place the evening of Friday, September 17 at the Bronx Zoo from 5 to 10pm
Brew at the Zoo is an after-hours event for adults over 21 featuring dozens of craft breweries serving more than 100 varieties of ales, lagers, porters, IPAs, and more. Food options will include NYC food truck staples, local eateries, and a many of classic beer hall bites served at any one of the Bronx Zoo cafes.
The 2020 Brew at the Zoo was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but this year’s festival has been reimagined to ensure the safety of guests and staff. All ticket-holders will be required to show proof of age and COVID-19 vaccination upon entry. A CDC vaccination card or a NY State Excelsior Pass will be the only accepted proof of vaccination. Masks will be required in all indoor areas including exhibits, restaurants and restrooms as well as some outdoor areas and for certain activities.
Grizzly bears, lemurs, sea lions and other select animal exhibits will be open until 6:30pm. Beer, wine and cider sampling will begin at 6pm and continue until activities close at 10pm. VIP guests will enjoy fast-pass entrance, exclusive VIP areas and activities, and cool commemorative swag.
Live bands and DJs will be onsite e to keep the party going. Additional entertainment will include a retro arcade, carnival games, and animal-themed bar trivia or Name That Tune.
The Bronx Zoo encourages all attendees to drink responsibly and take advantage of public transportation or purchase a deeply-discounted designated driver ticket for a friend.
For more information, a full line up of festival activities and ticket options, visit BronxZoo.com/Brew. Details are subject to change based on CDC and NYC Health guidelines.
· Must be 21 or over. No children are permitted at event.
· There will be no admission without an advance ticket.
· Proof of age and COVID-19 vaccination will be required for entry.
· Beer and wine pouring starts at 6pm.
· Select animal exhibits open from 5pm – 6:30pm.
· Multiple food options will be available for purchase.
· Proceeds from Brew at the Zoo support the Bronx Zoo’s mission to save wildlife and wild places worldwide through science, conservation action, education, and inspiring people to value nature.