- Conservation International 2011 Crystal Drive, Suite 500 Arlington, VA 22202
- May 24, 2018
- Thursday, 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Thank you Kindly
People and Protected Areas: Solutions for Post 2020 by Kate Schreckenberg, ESPA; Phil Franks, IIED; Adrienne McKeehan, CI; and Mike Mascia, CI
Conservation International 2011 Crystal Drive, Suite 500 Arlington, VA 22202
Thursday, 2:30 PM to 5:00 PM
May 24, 2018
This event explored the implications of new insights into the relationship between people and protected areas.
- State-of-the-art evidence on the links between conservation, poverty alleviation, wellbeing, equity and human rights.
- A deeper understanding of the positive and negative impacts to local people from conservation efforts – and how this can inform more effective approaches.
- Future directions in protected and conserved areas, with relevance to the Post-2020 Biodiversity Framework and the Sustainable Development Goals.