In 2009, ABCG held a session on Lessons Learned from NGO Consortia during WWF-US’s Learning Week. The session sought to understand the successes and challenges of conservation alliances. Presentations will be made by place-based coalitions and thematic consortia (see list below). Participants learned how and why various coalitions are formed, their structure and participants, decision-making, costs, achievements, struggles, and how and when to evolve or end these partnerships.
- ABCG’s Lessons Learned on NGO consortiums, Nancy Gelman, ABCG
- CARPE consortium – lessons learned, Richard Carroll, WWF-US
- Coral Triangle Lessons Learned, Kate Newman, WWF-US (presentation not available)
- PHE Consortium Lessons Learned, Jason Bremner, Population Reference Bureau
- BCTF Lessons Learned, Heather E. Eves, Bushmeat Crisis Task Force