Our Latest News
- I come from the Diné (Navajo) people and live on the Navajo reservation. In my culture, we have a deep respect for water because all life needs water to exist. We also value water because there is so little on the Navajo reservation. The Navajo Nation is in the southwestern part of the US, bordering Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, and Colorado.
- Hanson Mike | July 15, 2021
- The Africa Biodiversity Collaborative Group has launched a new report, Translating Projects to Policies: Lessons Learned Applying the FW-WASH Advocacy Strategy Methodology in South Africa and Uganda. This report provides lessons learned in the implementation of advocacy strategies.
- abcg | July 6, 2021
- The uncertainty that is caused by climate change has resulted in disruption of lives and livelihoods of many communities. Among the worst affected communities are communities whose livelihood is dependent in livestock, agriculture and fisheries. Farmers living near Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe’s Matabeleland North province whose livelihood is mainly dependent on crop production and livestock keeping are experiencing insufficient water and an increase in prevalence of pests.
- abcg | June 16, 2021
- The naturalist Jane Goodall has been announced as the 2021 winner of the Templeton prize in recognition of her life’s work on animal intelligence and humanity. Goodall, 87, built her global reputation on her groundbreaking studies of chimpanzees in Tanzania in the 1960s
- abcg | June 7, 2021
Join the ABCG mailing list to get updates on our upcoming events, latest news, job opportunities and more.
Latest News from our Partners
Our Annual Reports
ABCG’s overarching mission is to advance understanding of critical biodiversity conservation challenges and their solutions in sub-Saharan Africa. We aspire to produce applicable knowledge and put it into practice.
By accessing the wide-ranging expertise of our members and their extensive networks throughout sub-Saharan Africa, ABCG is in a unique position to address critical conservation issues by developing, testing, and promoting innovative conservation approaches.